Sunday, September 6, 2009

Don't Call It A Comeback

After 6 weeks of doing nada I got back in the saddle. No crazy wrist snapping like what occurred at Binder Lake, but the full weekend of racing and crashing had me inspired. So I put mountain bike pedals on the road bike and took the trainer for a spin. Foot is still a little swollen so went with mountain bike shoes which have a little more room in the foot box. I had my left shoe on but hardly buckled. It has been so long my tires were at 20 psi so I had to air them up. When is the last time you aired tires to ride the trainer? It never felt so good to spin the 39/23 on the trainer. Managed a few intervals of 39/21, but that about it. Total ride time, 25 minutes. It is a start. Don't want to push too much because I don't want any set backs. Only thing that would be worse than getting injured would be getting re-injured. Plan is to get 30-60 minutes a day until I can get back up to full song and begin riding outside. Next year is my year.

2 comments:

rudy said...

you can be back for the start of bubba!

rudy said...

ok,ok, don't push it...2010...