Friday, May 1, 2009

Rain Wins

Wednesday I managed to sneak over to Casltewood to test out the new drive train on the shifty bike and also ride a lap of Sunday's race course. I think I dropped 2lbs on the new cranks and bottom bracket. Nine years was long enough for the old cranks. I saw several other folks out there pre-riding as well. Unfortunately that is all we will be able to do. Having put on a mountain bike race or two I can agree with the choice to post pone Sunday's race. Honestly, if it was wet and muddy I wouldn't of raced anyways. Not like I'm in the running for the points and I don't feel like replacing all my cables and brakes after a race.

I'm still on the mend from some knee issues that have plagued me for a while. Decided to park the single speed until they go away for good. I also have given up running until the knee issues are settled. Not that I'm a "runner" but I do run some. Now that I'm not reviewing the big engineering book every night I've been riding the trainer more. Really focusing on trying to spin and not mash gears. Did some videos on the trainer the past two days. Remember, riding the trainer gets you no where. Looks like I'll have to do some more if it keeps raining this weekend.

Plenty of time to prepare for cyclocross.

No comments: