Friday, November 7, 2008

Not much to report this week on the riding front. Did do a couple of trainer rides while watching 2006 SCCA Valvoline Runoffs on DVD. Tuesday I went to work early and left early so I could vote. Despite the horror stories I had no waiting to vote. In and out in 10 minutes. I then proceeded to go get my free coffee from Starbucks and then head home. Once home I realized it was only 3:30 pm so I got the rear disc brake back on the singlespeed (while drinking my free coffee) and made it over to Castlewood for 1.5 hours of good riding before it got dark. Later that night I go downstairs to check the bikes (put them to bed) and low and behold my front tire has a huge gash and the tire is flat. WTF? Good thing I made it home.

Today is Friday and I'm going to head out for a 40 mile ride with the wife this afternoon. Should be a good fall afternoon to make a trip to St. Albins and back.

Hopefully Sunday's race goes better than last week. But then again it probably can't get any worse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I insist that you get me invited to any party serving Stroh's beer (note the proper spelling).

Thank you very much.

LC

Boz said...

You missed a fun ride yesterday morning, but you had a valid excuse. Unlike MJS who popped out after 30 mins due to the cold. (Actually, I understood his reasoning completely.) See you Sunday! The herd will be thinned due to the weather, I'm sure.