Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Riding Through Life

This week has been unusual for me. Got a nice mountain bike ride in Monday with the wife. It was great. Only an hour, but a good hour.

Then I got some news that has bummed me out. A good friend lost his father this weekend. Kinda deflated me some. Mr. Schmidt knew most everyone and if he didn't know someone, Uncle Jim the judge did. I met him a few times over the years. Always was welcomed to his house to visit with my friend. Always in a great mood and will be missed by many. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

It also got me thinking about some of the great people I've got to meet in my life and a few that I never got to know better. I'll be thinking about you all this weekend as I go for my first 6 hour mtn bike race.

No comments: