Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Holiday Break

Now that cross season is over I guess I can start rebuilding for next year. Who am I kidding? I don't have a plan. I just ride my bike. Given the craptastic weather this past week I've logged some trainer time. This morning I road a nice 1.5 hours while watching a 2001 Tour DVD. Didn't really have much structure just tried to keep the legs spinning at higher than normal cadence for me. I've gotten used to a slow pedal RPM and need to work on that I think. Watching old races is a bit inspiring because I tend to pick up the pace when they come down to a sprint finish or when they are attacking like made in the mountains.

Later today I head out for a series of adventures to visit family. One cool thing is when going to the in-laws I can just take my pedals, shoes, and other riding clothing and use one of his bikes. He has two road bikes and a Long Haul Trucker waiting for us to ride when we get there. How great is that!!! That's almost pro. Just show up and your bike is there ready to go!

No comments: