Thursday, November 20, 2008

Nationals in 3 weeks?

Ah 3 weeks out from my "A" race for the season, cross nationals. I use the term "A" race loosely because an "A" race for me involves drinking fewer beers the night before. I can't really say how I will do this year compared to last year. Last year was epic with the conditions and who knows what to expect this year except there will be more climbing than last year. I managed to stay on the lead lap in 2007 and hope to do the same in 2008.

I squeaked in a mountain bike ride Wednesday at Castlewood. I had some new equipment on the shifty bike to shake down and the shakedown went very well. Almost came head to head with another rider as I blasted around a blind corner. I took to the brush and grabbed two handfuls of brakes to avoid certain destruction.

Then today I had another sweet day as I was able to get my hands on a very elusive bottle of O'Fallon Whiskey Smoked Porter. I sampled this beer 2 years ago and have been searching for it ever since. Today was a good day.

The weekend is shaping up to a lot of fun with a double header cross race featuring the WALL and Dave Towle. Wonder if the sharks will be there?

No comments: