Thursday, December 27, 2007

Counting Down The Days

Well for first time in a long time I'm home this week. No driving here and there to visit all the family over the holidays. Nope, they came and saw us. It was sweet. Now I'm home doing things that I have wanted to for a long time around the house but never got around to doing it. I was hoping to get out and do some riding outside but the weather has been a bit shady. I did get out for a 1.5 hours on Saturday, attempted a mountain bike ride on Monday and got in an hour on the road in on Christmas day so I can't complain to much. I also received a Park Tool Professional wheel truing stand AND the 29er extensions for it. I'm so lucky to have a wife who loves biking and also a father in law who loves to buy nice tools and also rides a lot. I was bummed he didn't bring his gear to go ride on Christmas, but he won't forget next time.

Time for a 3 mile run and more home projects.

Oh yeah, one more comment on the SS race at CX nationals. There were a lot of folks riding deep dish carbon rims, however it should be noted that none of the top three were on those. They road standard 32 spoke wheels and I know for sure Travis and Cameron were on clinchers. It felt good to pass those on carbon rims who were also using singulators.

No comments: